15.6.14

Ten random things


Inspired by Gillian, here are 10 random things:

1. I was deputy head girl of my high school. Yes, really!

2. I love reading. When I was little I used to get my mom to wake me early so I could read before school. Total nerd ;-)

3. I never, ever thought I would quit my job to become a stay at home mom. Not even when I was pregnant. Not even right after The Boy was born. But my boss was not very, um, enthusiastic about my pregnancy. In fact after I told her I was expecting she refused to hire any women who might possibly be thinking about having babies!!! So when I was faced with the reality of life with my (awesome) child and no family living nearby, I realised there was no way I could manage a full-time job (as her employee) and a family. No contest at all. (Although as soon as Baby O is a bit older I'd love to get back in some kind of employment.)

4. I absolutely hated my hair up until I was about 16, when I realised no amount of straightening, blow drying or fancy hair products were going to 'fix' the curls. Now I only ever get it blow dried when its cut, and to be honest, it looks ridiculous straight!

I can't believe I'm sharing this but see below:


5. I'm not a very confident cook. Mr Hello Olive does most of it (he loves cooking) and he can open the fridge, choose a few ingredients and rustle up something amazing. Just like that! I need a recipe. And I follow it to the letter until I've done it a few times and feel relaxed enough to 'experiment'.

6. I adore baking though. I even make my own pastry! For some reason baking doesn't stress me out like cooking does...

7. I once watched a live body piercing show (don't ask). I'm no prude but it was the freakiest thing I have ever seen. And this is from someone who has a couple of piercings (nowhere rude, though)!

8. I only learnt to swim at 28. I thought I'd be the oldest person in the class but I was one of the youngest! I'll still only swim in pools or calm water. Cape Town's seas are rough so I only wade in til my knees.

9. I'm a wimp. See above.

10. I love online surveys! See, I told you I'm a nerd :-)

11. I don't like even numbers.


*****


Join in and share your ten things if you like. It's so much fun. And also I'm very nosy curious about my online friends!



SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Col! I loved reading your list. Like you I never dreamt I'd be at home with kids, and I used to straighten my hair every day. I leave it now. It's wavy, and no-where near as curly or gorgeous as yours.

    I wanted to email you to ask you if you wanted to take part in a blog hop, I thought it might be a fun way to promote your online business and wonderful talent, but I can't find your email address anywhere here. Could you possibly email me at talesfromahapphouse@yahoo.co.uk, or leave your email address here for me?? Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair - such a funny business isn't it :-) x

      Delete
  2. Haha, I am a wimp too! You are so pretty! Love your blog + designs, followed!

    - Cory
    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so sweet! :-) Off to explore your blog now. x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig