Inspired by Gillian, here are 10 random things:
1. I was deputy head girl of my high school. Yes, really!
2. I love reading. When I was little I used to get my mom to wake me early so I could read before school. Total nerd ;-)
3. I never, ever thought I would quit my job to become a stay at home mom. Not even when I was pregnant. Not even right after The Boy was born. But my boss was not very, um, enthusiastic about my pregnancy. In fact after I told her I was expecting she refused to hire any women who might possibly be thinking about having babies!!! So when I was faced with the reality of life with my (awesome) child and no family living nearby, I realised there was no way I could manage a full-time job (as her employee) and a family. No contest at all. (Although as soon as Baby O is a bit older I'd love to get back in some kind of employment.)
4. I absolutely hated my hair up until I was about 16, when I realised no amount of straightening, blow drying or fancy hair products were going to 'fix' the curls. Now I only ever get it blow dried when its cut, and to be honest, it looks ridiculous straight!
I can't believe I'm sharing this but see below:
5. I'm not a very confident cook. Mr Hello Olive does most of it (he loves cooking) and he can open the fridge, choose a few ingredients and rustle up something amazing. Just like that! I need a recipe. And I follow it to the letter until I've done it a few times and feel relaxed enough to 'experiment'.
6. I adore baking though. I even make my own pastry! For some reason baking doesn't stress me out like cooking does...
7. I once watched a live body piercing show (don't ask). I'm no prude but it was the freakiest thing I have ever seen. And this is from someone who has a couple of piercings (nowhere rude, though)!
8. I only learnt to swim at 28. I thought I'd be the oldest person in the class but I was one of the youngest! I'll still only swim in pools or calm water. Cape Town's seas are rough so I only wade in til my knees.
9. I'm a wimp. See above.
10. I love online surveys! See, I told you I'm a nerd :-)
11. I don't like even numbers.