2.3.14

The year in books - March


Is it really March already? This year is whizzing by... soon it will cold and rainy so we've been making the most of the sunshine while it lasts. There have been trips to the beach and the botanical gardens, and lots of splashing in the paddling pool. The Big Boy has turned into a real water baby this summer and we have had several requests from him for a house with a pool. Fingers crossed for that lottery win then :-)

So now that March is here I can share my choice for The Year In Books. I've been reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and I cannot put this book down! The blurb from the back of the book calls it a story of love and race centered around a young man and woman from Nigeria who face difficult choices and challenges in the countries they come to call home. So, essentially a love story. I'm less than halfway through this one but I'm hooked!

I really hope the rest of the book doesn't disappoint because I'm already looking forward to trying out Adichie's other books. Anybody else read any of her books? Let me know if they're worth a read.

Linking up with Laura and The Year In Books.



SHARE:

8 comments:

  1. ooh! thank you for the recommendation, this sounds just perfect. enjoy the last of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped over from The Year In Books. My read for March is another novel by this author. Lots of people around me have raved over it. Enjoy yours!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must add this to my reading list: Half of a Yellow Sun was brilliant, I am hoping this one is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new author for me - looking forward to hearing what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not an author I know, but the book sounds interesting. My choice for this month is a WW2 diary rather than fiction, which I'm enjoying. Laura has certainly got us all reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments everyone :-) I finished my book yesterday and it was brilliant! I miss it. Hope you are all enjoying your March reads too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read this author but I am always on the lookout for new authors to try. It is a good sign to miss a book, it must have been a great read. I am not enjoying my March read so much but sometimes books grow on me as I get more into the story. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an interesting one, I will be interested to hear what you thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig