29.1.14

A year in books - January



Credit: Komboh

I've always been a bit of a book worm and it's probably one of the few interests from my pre-parent days that I force myself to find time for. I love curling up with a good book, and most nights I have to read before bed (even if it's only a page or two). Mr Hello Olive likes reading too and we've read to the Big Boy since he was a baby. He gets bedtime stories every night and every now and then I'll catch him 'reading' a book out loud to himself! I'm so happy that he enjoys books and even Baby O has a favourite book :-) It's this one in case you're interested.

I was so excited to find out about A Year In Books via the lovely Bee. The aim is to read a book a month during 2014. Hooray, finally a # project I can commit to! Even if I don't read a grown up book every month I most certainly will be reading quite a few kids' books ;-)

So if you enjoy reading (or want some inspiration for reading material) then have a look at Laura's blog, A Circle of Pine Trees, and read more about the project. (Her blog is lovely too. Can't believe I haven't found it sooner!)

I'm a bit late for this month but at least it is still January. I've just finished reading The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls and I loved it! Couldn't put it down and was so sad when it ended. It's an easy read too - my sleep-deprived my brain just can't cope with anything too intellectual these days. And I don't have time to reread paragraphs ;-)

Thanks Laura for starting the project, and thanks Bee for sharing :-)


SHARE:

9 comments:

  1. No problem lovely ... thanks for the mention ... I must look out for The Silver Star ... I just finished my first book earlier this week too and am now on a lovely Persephone ... Someone at a Distance ... hoping it's a good one ... enjoy the rest of your week ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great book Bee. Hope your new one is too. x

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in! So glad to have you involved x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Col, this is such a great idea! I've seen this Year of Book a few times now and think I may have to jump on board now! Reading has really fallen by the wayside for me too but I think a book a month sounds really achievable...The Silver Star sounds like my kinda book :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Mel! I've always wanted to join in with one of the blog projects that are on the go but there's now way I could commit to a weekly thing. This is definitely more my style :-) x

      Delete
  4. I can see why everyone likes this idea so much, it's a good way for people to get back into reading. I always read in bed at night before falling asleep, even if it's just for five minutes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read in bed at night too but these days I can only manage a page or two :-) x

      Delete
  5. It'll be fab to have done children's books in the mix! Look forward to seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig