31.12.13

Happy new year!


Image credit: Alyssa Nassner

I can't quite believe we are about to welcome a whole new year already, can you?! It seems the older I get the faster the years whizz by. We've had a lovely Festive Season so far, despite my car breaking down on the way back from our Christmas holiday. We were just 40 minutes from home, tired and hot (and baby O had slept all of 20 minutes all day), when my car decided it had had enough and it came to stop at the side of the road.

On the upside though the whole experience left us in awe of the kindess of our friends, acquaintances and strangers who came to our rescue, including the police (who get lots of bad publicity in South Africa) who just happened to be passing and waited with us until the tow truck arrived. (Not the safest spot on the world for my car to have broken down - I won't lie, I panicked a bit - so extremely grateful for the police presence.)

Do any of you have exciting plans for tonight? We're just taking it easy and staying in with kids, and tomorrow we'll welcome 2014 with a barbecue with some family. Next year when The Baby is a bit older we'll venture out and do something exciting! On that note I hope you all have a happy, safe and fabulous 2014! :-)

SHARE:

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year lovely lady! That car story sounds horrendous, glad you got through it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Glad to hear you are safe and sound. We're staying home too and having dinner with my family tomorrow. Wishing you a great year ahead ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, glad you're home safe and sound. Happy New Year Col! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year lovely! We had a quiet night in too, the first year of having another baby in the house as well as all the other Christmas parties left us adults rather shattered come New Year's Eve....there's always next year :-) Wishing you and your gorgeous family a wonderful 2014! Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you Col! We always have a quiet night in - you can never get a babysitter or a taxi or New Year's Eve so it just seems easier that way. I don't mind really - give me a DVD and a nice bottle of red and I'm quite happy! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig