29.3.12

My gran's biscuits

The Toddler and I baked some of my gran's yummy biscuits last week. She has been making these for as long as I can remember... They're not very exciting to look at but they're delish and so simple to make!


To make these biscuits you need:
- 500g self-raising flour
- 250g butter
- 300g castor sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, whisked
- sugar (optional)

Beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Add the vanilla essence, flour and eggs and mix to form a dough. Roll into small balls, place on baking tray and press flat with a fork. Sprinkle sugar over the tops of biscuits (optional) and bake at 180 deg cel for 12 minutes. Enjoy!

And don't forget to keep an eye out for the Flowermill giveaway...
SHARE:

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I love a super simple recipe, will be giving these a try! Loving that plate too...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking that plate Col! And the biscuits look yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crumbs they look so good- my tum's rumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like this. The biscuits and the styling are really lovely. Will be trying these! Love the plate, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've sold them to me! Always looking for new biscuit recipes for the young man. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute plate, yummy biscuits and with your toddler! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, they look really good. I might have to try my hand at those! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments everyone! They are indeed very yummy, especially with a cuppa tea :-) The plate is a vintage find but I love it because I remember my other gran had the same ones when I was growing up. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig