19.3.12

Hello Olive's vintage finds

Hello, hope you all had great weekends! I spent Saturday morning at Milnerton Market with a friend hunting for vintage treasures. (Milnerton Market, by the way, is a great fleamarket where you can find anything from used car parts to vitamins to vintage goodies.) It wasn't one of my most successful hunts but I am very chuffed with my wooden apple!

I bought the book (that the apple is perched on) because I really like the pattern on the cover. And I'm a fan of cheesy flower paintings so I couldn't resist the one below (although it really is quite bad!). I love the cup but it's chipped so it'll be used for a little plant.

I think this is soup tureen. I'm not a huge fan of the pattern but it in such a good condition, and it's the first time I've seen anything by Noritake at the market so I had to get it. 

And this is an old handkerchief came home with me because I love the pattern. No idea what I'll do with it but it's nice to look at. Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my real life finds :-)




SHARE:

14 comments:

  1. Some lovely finds! Im always temped to buy books with pretty patterns on the covers but I would just end up with no room at all! That handkerchief is so pretty, you could always turn it into a little cushion or frame it?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good idea about turning it into a cushion - I hadn't thought about that! x

      Delete
  2. This isn't a successful hunt? Wow! What do you find then? I love your finds. That cup is gorgeous, definitely use it as a planter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, I went looking for a Pyrex casserole dish and the only ones I could find had chipped lids, so I guess that's why my hunt felt less successful than usual :-) And, I saw a Corningware dish in perfect condition and I for some crazy reason I didn't get it. There's always one that gets away :-) x

      Delete
  3. My heaven. I love the cup and the apple x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very chuffed when I found the apple :-) I nearly didn't get the cup but it was only about 15p! x

      Delete
  4. I love the apple. I am currently coverting a scandinavian apple lamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do a post about it as I would love to see it when it's done! x

      Delete
  5. I'm a apple lover too, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the apple, the apple! That sounds like a great market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the apple.
    Arctic mum tagged me today with a little piece of sunshine if you fancy joining in pop to my site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the apple too! I got in John Lewis at Christmas, but it's nowhere near as cool as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful finds, love the apple, book and cup - and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig