24.3.12

Blog loving

Award Ribbon by Twamies 

Hi everybody! I was recently awarded a 7x7 award by Kelley at A Crooked Trail as well another Liebster award from Rebecca at Littletree Designs. Thanks so much lovely ladies - I really appreciate it :-)

For the 7x7 Award I have to share 7 facts about myself, link to 7 blog entries and nominate 7 other bloggers. And the Liebster is awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. I'm cheating a bit and combining the two. So here goes...

The facts

  1. My husband and I wore jeans and t-shirts when we got married, and went ten pin bowling with our guests afterwards.
  2. We called the first year of our marriage The Year Of The Honeymoon because instead of one big honeymoon after our wedding we had several little ones, which included visits to Perthshire (Scotland), Cape Town, Barcelona, Paris, Tuscany and Amsterdam.
  3. I'm scared of deep water and only learnt to swim at 28.
  4.  I hate driving but that may just be because Cape Town drivers are very aggressive, and it scares me!
  5. I never ever thought I'd be a stay at home mum - in fact The Toddler had his nursery space booked and I had a date set to return to work.
  6. I'm a coffee snob and won't drink instant.
  7. I was deputy head girl of my high school.

Seven blog posts

  1. Recycled + t-shirt = rug
  2. Make your own... crackers!
  3. Have you heard of
  4. Yippee! Hooray!
  5. Yummy home
  6. Hello Olive must have
  7. How awesome...

And the award(s) go to...
  1. Sparrows and Arrows
  2. Nest Enterprises
  3. Tracey English
  4. Binds You To Me 
  5. Dew + Olive 
  6. The Buckles 
  7. Our Hause

I'll leave it up to you to decide which award to accept - heck, accept them both! There's no pressure to continue the award-chain either... if you'd rather just accept the compliment then that's great too :-) Also, I'm not sure about the amount of followers the above blogs have since Google Friend Connect is no more.

(Goodness, you deserve an award if you've read this post this far!)


The small print

Link back to the blogger who nominated you, share 7 facts about yourself, share 7 blog posts that fit into 7 categories and nominate 7 other blogs (leave a message letting them know).


The rules are pretty simple: paste the logo, thank the person who nominated you for the award, and then pass it on to the five other up and coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) that you love to read! 


SHARE:

16 comments:

  1. I'm a coffee snob too! And I love the sound of your wedding. Congrats on the awards - well deserved lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good coffee. You need to post photos of your wedding! Congrats and thank you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to scan in some pics. We got married so long ago we didn't even own a digital camera at the time :-) x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much- I really appreciate you doing this- you made my night! Now where did you visit in Perthshire ( I grew up there!). Hope you are having a fab weekend, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love Perthshire! My husband and I still daydream about moving to Aberfeldy... We went to St Fillans for our honeymoon but have been to loads of places in the area. Where did you grow up? x

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH Col!!! You are too sweet!!!!
    Your wedding sounds so amazing, would of been so much fun!
    Thanks again
    d+o xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my wedding was loads of fun! x

      Delete
  5. oh, thanks for the {love} col. boy am i with you on the coffee!
    happiness...
    dannelle@nestenterprises

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Col for the tags I have just done two of these and cannot take more time to do anymore but I will mention you on my blog! Thankyou for thinking of me, enjoy very much following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Tracey, and thanks for the lovely comment! x

      Delete
  7. Ha ha it must be awards season! Well done on both....very much deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your awards, how lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comments everybody :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. south africa honeymoon Fantastic Information !! I appreciate your information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig