9.2.12

I've been baking

The Toddler and (mostly) I whipped up these banana muffins this morning. I really have to stop buying bananas in the summertime as they last about 2 seconds before they're overripe. Not the most exciting muffins to look at but they're delish with a cuppa and since they aren't loaded with sugar they're fine for the little people too  :-) This recipe is from my mum-in-law so see below for instructions if you're in a baking mood!


Banana muffins
500ml flour
10ml baking powder
2ml bicarbonate of soda
2ml salt
50ml sugar (I sometimes use 65ml when I want them sweeter)
2 eggs, beaten
50ml melted butter
50ml milk
500ml mashed banana (I used about 5 medium sized ones)

Mix together the dry ingredients. Whisk the eggs, butter, milk and banana together. Mix with the dry ingredients until all traces of the flour have disappeared. (Do not overmix even if the mixture looks lumpy.)

Spoon into greased muffin tins (2/3 full) and bake for 35 minutes* at 180 degrees C. Yields 16-20 muffins.

(Mine are a bit overdone - I think 25 - 30 minutes will do). Enjoy!

Photo by me modelling one of my vintage finds :-)

SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely and so does your lovely yellow tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually, it's not a tablecloth but a teeny tray I bought years ago at Habitat. It would make a rather lovely tablecloth though :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig